Saturday 15 September 2012

Inspiration - That Photo...

When I'm deciding on where I want to travel, I take a lot of inspiration from photos I have seen in newspapers, magazines and on the Internet; via my day-dreaming browsing on Google and friends' Facebook photos of their travels. What grabs me is 'that photo'...the one picture where you look in awe at a place or scene that looks so magical, so unreal that you feel that you have to see it for yourself to confirm it exists. Spotting a photo of Lake Bled, in Slovenia, via Facebook, was one of the driving forces for my trip to Slovenia this year. Seeing the place for myself and swimming in the warm waters of the lake was just phenomenal.



My photo from the Ozujsko viewpoint at Lake Bled

These places are often, for me, the stand out element of any trip. So, below (as a departure from my usual ramblings) are a few of my photographs of my favourite amazing places that I hope inspire you. Please feel free to suggest some of your favourites in the comment box below.


The tiled rooftops of Dubrovnik, Croatia


Trakai, Lithuania


The beautiful Chrysler Building, New York


Budapest, Hungary


The view across to Rangitoto in Auckland, New Zealand


Dusk at Milford Sound, New Zealand

The sun setting on The Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge, Australia


The Reichstag in Berlin, Germany


The soft sands and clear blue waters of Makriamos Beach, near Thassos Town, Greece


Angkor Wat, Cambodia


The incredible Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Islands, Australia


Le Jardin de Luxembourg in Paris, France.



Wat Mahathat in Ayutthaya, Thailand

8 comments:

  1. I really love your pictures. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And, to think I just took them on a basic 'point and shoot' digital camera. I love looking back at them as well. It makes me think how lucky I am to have been able to travel to so many places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for photo inspiration!

    https://www.facebook.com/matadornetwork?ref=stream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh! Debbie...looking at those amazing images, has probably added thousands of £s to my lifetime bucket list and I only briefly browsed through the photos! :D

    Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration! Love the photos!!!

    http://passionfortravels.blogspot.com

    my new travel blog! hopefully it gives you some inspiration as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jessica! I've just had a quick peek at your blog and it looks great...so bright and breezy! You've seen a few of the places I would love to visit too. St Thomas looks amazing! Hope to see you here again soon! Mike :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you have already discovered Slovenia! If you ever decide to revisit it and need some local advice you are welcome to drop me a line at my blog.

    I am also pretty sure you can also get some good travel ideas there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Slovenia, especially Lake Bled! I'm definitely going to return one day and explore the coast. Thanks for the offer, Marko! And, likewise, if you are ever in Yorkshire, I'd be happy to give you a host of tips to help you round this awesome part of the world.

    ReplyDelete